Renaissance Pet Resort & Spa is currently accepting resumes for:
Pet Care Specialist
Location: Banning, CA
Job Title: Pet Care Specialist
Summary: Provides care for boarding animals through interaction and maintaining a healthy, safe and clean environment for them by performing the following duties. The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering exceptional service to our loyal clients and the highest quality care to their pets coming to us for boarding and grooming and pet supplies. Experience in a veterinary, grooming or boarding facility is preferred, but we’re willing to train the right person. A positive attitude, excellent people and pet skills, strong attention-to-detail, and the ability to multi-task are a must. Our facility is staffed 24 hours hours a day and seven days a week. Shift examples include but are not limited to 5am-2pm, 12 pm to 9pm and 9pm-5am.Our facility is staffed 24 hours hours a day and seven days a week. Shift examples include but are not limited to 5am-2pm, 12 pm to 9pm and 9pm-5am.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and interacts with all pets both inside the facility and outside in the yards.
- Feeds and gives water and medication to boarding and house animals per company procedure and client instruction.
- Cleans and disinfects rooms, walls, floors, food and water containers.
- Maintains laundry and dishes.
- Performs yard work which includes raking, water removal and removal of animal waste and debris.
- Maintains cleanliness of facility by vacuuming, washing floors, dusting, scrubbing walls and removing trash and animal waste.
- Greets clients when they drop off and pick-up their dogs and obtains information from them regarding the care of their dog such as personality type and any medication instructions.
- Medicates dogs per client and vet instruction.
- May perform duties on the telephone to include answering basic questions for clients about the business and services available as well as taking reservations.
- Assists groomers on occasion.
- Launders towels, dog beds and blankets.
- Feeds and waters birds according to schedules; prepares soft food for birds. Cleans and disinfects bird cages and dishes when needed.
- Assists Groomers by bathing and brushing pets.
- Provides general, loving care for all pets receiving boarding or grooming services.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and bites or scratches. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Saturdays, Sundays and evenings are required.
Apply in person: 1346 E Ramsey in Banning, CA